As a small business owner, there’s so much responsibility that falls on you. When it comes to protecting your business and your premises or shops, you’ll want to consider a business camera system if you don’t already have one in place. Keep reading as we discuss the best video surveillance system options for small businesses and the CCTV systems that are out there for business owners in the UK.
Why Do You Need Surveillance Cameras?
If you think video surveillance cameras are only for larger businesses and premises, think again. Any company is at risk of some form of loss, and that includes even the smallest businesses. After all the time and effort you’ve put into your business and setting it up, the last thing you want is to lose the stock that will help you to repay your loans and start turning a profit. Surveillance cameras act as a deterrent to theft and vandalism, both of which can be very costly for business owners. The cameras can act as a cost-saving measure. For example, if you own a shop, you will be much less likely to experience theft while you are operating in the daytime.
When it comes to looking out for your employees, you’ll find that they are much more productive when they know they are being watched by cameras all day long. They won’t be hanging out in the backroom or slacking when you are surveying them with the camera. The video documentation can also be incredibly helpful in the case of an incident, as you’ll be able to go back and see what really happened instead of having to rely on the team members who were present at the time. You’ll find that it offers you so much peace of mind and can also be used to allow access to your building for customers and employees. Overall, both the customer and employee experience can be much improved with the addition of CCTV systems UK, and any business will benefit from these advantages every day.
Types of Surveillance Cameras
When you are looking at surveillance cameras for the first time, there’s no denying that the options can be quite overwhelming. To select security cameras in Doncaster, you’ll want to review the options below and find the ones that are most suitable for your business and the type of property you operate from:
- Wireless video security cameras – These are a very flexible option that is easy to install in most buildings. However, you’ll find that the image quality and the functions on offer are sometimes much lower than other surveillance camera types.
- Wired security cameras – Wired security cameras will require you to work with a team of professionals to install this type of camera, which can add to the expense of setting up your security system. However, it’s a great option for anyone who has a larger building and needs multiple cameras to cover the space and ensure every angle is captured by the cameras.
- IP video security cameras – IP or network cameras work with the internet, and they often don’t even require a cable or power source to be set up.
- Analogue cameras – These are a more budget-friendly option than IP cameras, but the wiring can sometimes be expensive to install. You’ll generally find that most small businesses opt for IP cameras today.
- Night vision cameras – If you leave your building unattended at night but want to monitor what is going on, we recommend considering night vision cameras. You’ll have a better idea of who is in the building or outside, and if something were to happen, you’d be able to capture the thief on your camera. If you’ve never used this type of camera before, you may be surprised by the clarity they offer.
- Zoom lenses – After placing your cameras in position, you may be worried about whether they will capture everything in your store or building. For this reason, cameras that are able to zoom, pan, or tilt can offer you additional coverage without adding another camera. They may be more expensive up front, but you’ll find that you can maybe opt for fewer cameras in your building. The versatility of this type of camera will protect your building all day and night.
As you can see, there are so many options on offer for small businesses when it comes to selecting a CCTV security system. You don’t have to spend a fortune to protect your office or store, but this will be one of the best investments you make to protect your hard work moving forward. We highly encourage you to put video security systems into place before you first start operating, as this will work to deter potential intruders and protect your property when you aren’t there working.